Monday 11 November 2013

Final Animation Idea - Adventure Faeries

One of the most developed out of all my unused ideas is Adventure Faeries, an animation about 2 faeries who set off on a quest to reclaim a treasure for the shop they work in. I spent almost all the summer working on preproduction for this idea, however most of the story was in my head, and I couldn't write the script. I did however start on the beginning scene of the animation, aswell as a few animation test and concept art:

As you can see I did put alot of effort into this scene, though it was originally going to be a test animation. I had began a script which you can read HERE, however I never got past the first scene due to a creative block. As for Music I had even talked to a sound designer about creating a atmospheric track to represent the world, he said he could make me something similar to Concerning Hobbits by Howard Shore, something that would work very well:


The art style would be simple and effective, however the characters would be small and easy to work with:


This animation was going to go on alot of atmosphere, the backgrounds were the main aspect since it is something I want to get into in the future. Because of this I made the characters easy to animate (small with tiny limbs), this meant I could focus mainly on the background art rather than the character animation. This however, I feel would bring down my animation, having lovely backgrounds wouldn't make up for shitty animation. So because of this I decided I should reconsider my options for this animation, I had already started work on it so I wanted to create something in the same area. And so began my final animation idea number three: The Golem Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment