Friday 11 November 2011

[Animation] A Day in the Life of Rudy Burton

This is a project I did in College, and is also my first ever completed Flash animation. I am uploading it to this blog as I have used it and compared it several times in these previous animations comparing how I animated before University started. This animation was made from scratch using; Storyboards, TreatmentsResearch, Proposals, Scripts, Concept Arts and even Character Narratives. Below is the animation:




I really like the animation I created; it is original and has a few good jokes in it to make the animation more of a comedy horror rather than just a horror. I like the character as he is original and easy to recognise, he isn’t hard to draw or animate which made it easy to have him move a lot in the animation. Personally I think the best drawn and animated thing in the animation is the backgrounds, using effects I could give them shadows, give the effect of a draw distance and a more realistic feel to it by making them blurry and moving the objects that are further away more slowly to show that they are further away, and the sky which I created in Photoshop works really well with the genre of the animation. The name of the animation 'A Day in the life of Rudy Burton' is the animations second name, given to it after double thinking the original name, the original name was 'Another Zombie Film' due to it being about Zombies.

I think there are a good amount of strengths in this animation, the background for my animation is a huge strength, and this is because it is really well drawn in so much detail for something that isn’t even important and is blurred out so you can’t see the full detail anyway. This makes the animation seem like it’s in top quality and very professional, also it gives a realistic view of the buildings making the objects further away more blurry because you can’t see them anymore, this effect is called draw distance as it is the effect of making things further away more blurry or disappear, also giving the 2D animation a 3D effect. Although if I had to improve my animation I would improve facial expressions, because my character is usually facing the side it is hard to get facial expressions across and often than not looks bored. I would also improve hair movement, when the character walks he moves his arms and bounces when he walks, in a more professional cartoon the hair might sway a bit more to make that animation seem more realistic.

After creating this animation I have taken alot of things from it, such as how to create backgrounds in photoshop, how to add blur effects and how to do minor movements. Like I stated before, I uploaded this so as to compare my latest animations too, in contracts to an animation I created in early 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment