Friday 14 December 2012

[Inspiration] Anime Influences #3

As far as a story goes, I have a few idea's for ones that I want to make, some I have put to paper as you should see in a previous post. However, there are some that I have not yet put to paper, as in fact remain in my head until fully developed. Strange you may be thinking? Not to me, once I write down an idea, I stick to it, only changing minor things. There are some ideas that as of now I am not prepared to create or animate or even script. However there is one thing I want to make that has been inspired greatly by my all time favourite anime; One piece:


One piece is a masterpiece of a show, with its current 576 and still ongoing episodes each one revolves around a boy who made a pirate crew and are now sailing the seas in search of a lost treasure known as One Piece. The show invokes all of your emotions and does them perfectly, it'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry, it'll make you heart warmed and even make you angry. It is possibly the greatest adventure show in my opinion, and inspires me to create a show like it.

In my head I want to make an adventure animation / comic that will make you awe at the sites, cry at the sad parts and smile during the heart warming scenes. Something like this is very different to shows I have planned, such as "The Uni-verse of Jack Miles", the untitled show now with the name of "Adrift the Snow", and a show starring the Pandas. I want to successfully create these shows before creating an adventure show, so I can make sure it's the best I can make, getting all of the animation mistakes down, practicing my script writing skills and just planning out skills.

Another show I have taken inspiration from isn't an anime, however I felt it necessary to include it since it is another show that makes me want to create an adventure animation, this one is the classic; Adventure Time:


Adventure Time will be mentioned another time in the blog for it's drawing style, however for now I will talk about the storyline. The story for Adventure Time revolves around a boy and his dog, who goes out seeking adventure in the Land of Ooo, which is a post-apocalyptic future a thousand years after a nuclear war broke out on earth. The show has a audience of both Adults and Children which is what makes it fun to watch, the light hearted humour for kids and the secret humour for adults.

Adventure Time and One Piece are both very different, however the sense of adventure is very much present in both of these shows. When I finally create my adventure show I will be sure to take some inspiration from both of these shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment