Wednesday 12 December 2012

[Animation] Loops #2

Well I haven't done a flash loop since November of last year, so it's nice to finally do one! Since Elroy's lesson and the usage of lightboxes I am starting to get more into key framed animation. Rather than do a jump loop or a dancing loop, I wanted to do something that will help me in the long run; a full turn of a character I created. Here is how it turned out:
As you can see there are 3 characters spinning, the first one is the rough drawing of the character spinning, the second one is the drawn character but still in rough, then finally its a redrawn character with colour and shading. I also recently did a panda version of a full spin, here is how that turned out:

Both of these characters have been drawn and animated before, both in my free time and both in animation classes with Elroy. The first animated spin was inspired after a lesson wit Elroy where I did one of my characters turning around, I wanted to figure out what the character looked like all the way around the body. The panda animation was done thanks to a similar reason to the first animation, I did a loop of the panda jumping in Elroys lesson so I wanted to do a full spin of the panda so I know what he looks like all the way around.

I will most likely do alot more of these spin cycles as I think they are helpful and fun to make, I may do it with a few more of my original characters instead of the panda's I keep drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment