Friday 12 April 2013

[Influences] The new influence list

This has two sections, the list of people whose style helped me get to the new drawing style that I am working on, and a list that Anthony had given me that he thinks I should study to help me figure out what I am trying to achieve.

Peabo:
Peabo is an animator who animates for Weebl's stuff. He has a style that is easily recognisable, he draws each character in different shapes and sizes. He draws his women in a specific style however, similar to older cartoons he gives them hour glass bodies and large heads. He is a fine example of drawing people and not falling for the same face syndrome.







TwistedGrim:
TwistedGrim is someone I have admired only recently after a flash animation he created called Pocketmon. After that he was someone whose artstyle I really admired, it is smooth and appealing. Similar to Peabo he has a really nice way of making his characters look different from each other, one main thing is the colour. The colours he uses are bright and he uses shading really nicely.










Dominic Marco:
This is someone who doesn't animate, however draws people (mainly women) to a professional standard. The Pin-up artist Dominic Marco has a very recognisable style, due to it's increadible shading and near perfect figures, unlike the two artists above he doesn't use block colours for the characters, nor do they have outlines, something I am not interested in, my main interest is the body shapes of the figures he draws.














When I informed Anthony that I needed help with drawing styles, he sent me alot of links to artists that he follows for inspiration. Alot of these are professional cartoonists, artists and animators each with their own individual style. This is the list of artists he gave me:

Davis Dushy (Fungasm)




















Steve Bryant (Getvent)

















Kmau

























Lenkobiscuit


















Nargyle



















Rtil

















Thewafflefactory



No comments:

Post a Comment