Saturday 18 May 2013

[Drawing Lesson] 02/05/13 to 16/05/13 - The Mural

On the 2nd of May we started on the mural, Tom unravelled the large paper and each team chose their spot to draw. There were two sets of groups, one to draw the female model while the other one drew on the mural. I had enough life drawing to just carry on with the mural, so me and Ant (Aaron came later) began to draw our people in pencil. This is mainly where we planned out what we were going to do next week, once we pencilled everything out we finished up for the day.

The following week we began to ink the pencil, Aaron pencilled in his drawings and me and Ant inked in our drawings. some of the drawings I inked turned out better than others I inked, but over all they turned out really nice;




Here is mine, Ants and Aarons area mid-way through being inked;


Once we finished inking our drawings, the lesson had ended and only a few of us had stayed. We began working on the backgrounds and touching up on peoples drawings, adding faces, blood and weapons ready for inking the following week. I began working on a few backgrounds around the top along with a few others and soon enough the entire mural was inked, we just had to wait for the following week to add chalk to it.



A week had passed and it was time to chalk up the inked mural, we began by spreading chalk scrapings across the paper. We then spread the chalk into the drawing with our hands until the entire drawing was covered black;

























Once the entire Mural was covered black we grabbed erasers and started to add shading to the drawings, I began doing the areas I had done, starting with my 5 people. Afterwards I began shading in the backgrounds I had done, once they were complete I started shading anywhere that needed it until the entire thing was shaded, here are the areas fully shaded and drawn by me;





Here are some of the backgrounds i did;

















Soon it was fully shaded and completed, it turned out really well in my opinion, we all worked together as a team to create this which brought us all closer together. Some areas turned out better than others shading wise, there were some perspective problems... or rather alot. But that aside, on my part, I am happy with it, I worked together with Ant and Aaron so our 5 drawings could entwine and I think they turned out really well. Something I noticed while doing this is that Shading is not my strongest point, and will try and improve over the holidays, along with everything else! But overall, I am very happy with how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment