Wednesday 31 October 2012

[Drawing Lesson] 25/10/12 - Walk Cycle?

During todays lesson, we actually didn't have our old model Steve, instead we had a new model, whose name I can't remember. This lesson was incredibly different than what we have ever done before in drawing, we did movement. Last lesson we did a small bit of movement, but nothing much, this lesson was purely dedicated to movement and looking at walking cycles, a very useful thing indeed.


During this lesson I produced what I think is my favourite piece of work, there isn't a drawing on here that I dislike. I drew from the bottom up, until reaching the clothed model at the top. The first set of drawings were approximation 20 seconds long each, we had to draw the shape of the model in as less detail as possible. The second set of drawings was 30 seconds, similar to the other set, we drew with as little detail as possible. After those two, we drew the model in 2 minute poses in minor detail, instead of just the skeletal outline we drew the actual body outline, I think it turned out well!
Our final set was before our break, we were told to draw the model wearing a dressing gown in different positions, each pose was 3 minutes long and we had to draw as much detail as possible, getting each crease in the dressing gown accurately done.


After the break, we were told to quickly draw the model in 2 positions, the first position was a standing one, this drawing stressed me incredibly as I could not get the upper body right at all. After the 15 minutes was up, we were told to redraw the drawing next to it, and see if we made the same mistakes again, unfortunately I did make the same mistakes again and again, until finally settling on what I drew.
The second drawings at the bottom were alot easier, exactly the same situation as before, 15 minute drawings, after drawing it then redrawing it clearing up each mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment