Thursday 4 October 2012

[Personal] September with Tony Garth


As I may have written previously in the blog, I work closely with Tony Garth during University as until his departure in the beginning of October he taught our Animation classes. During the beginning of the second Semester we found out our original tutor Andrew had left the animation team to continue his classes with the Graphic's design course, because of this we were given Tony Garth to teach us, unfortunately he was offered an animation job so he can no longer teach us. As you may know he worked on a few big animations such as Danger Mouse, Alias the Jester and Microscopic Milton, so it is a great opportunity to get feedback and creative ideas from such a person.

He helped us when we were pitching our animation idea to the Royal Armories  he told me how to present what I was going to present and how to answer their questions. Along with this he gave me feedback on some of the backgrounds I was working on for the Royal Armories project, when I had a problem with them he told me how to solve it and gave me advice on what I should do, for instance: I created a background which was greatly inspired by the game Limbo, however when I posted the background on my Facebook to get an opinion everyone asked me if I was copying Limbo. I asked Tony how to solve this and he told me that there was nothing to solve, if I am inspired by something then I am not copying it. The client doesn't need to know where I got the idea from the background from, and as long as I am happy with them I shouldn't change them, so I didn't and the clients at the Royal Armories really liked my backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment