Sunday 7 October 2012

[Personal] A New Love for Backgrounds

Backgrounds, you can't have an animation with out one.... yes you can. I have had a fond love for drawing backgrounds even since I was little, i'd draw cities, islands and other various landmarks and just keep adding on to it resulting in sellotaping paper together just to make the area bigger! Recently I have rekindled my love for backgrounds which you may have noticed after my more recent animation's where I have worked in a team with people, I have been the background artist. Below are examples from (Unfortunately) Party Quest:


And more recently, the project I am currently working on for the Royal Armories with Will and Anthony. Though these backgrounds are very different than the ones for Party Quest, as I took inspiration from the video game Limbo, as you may have read previously in the post about Tony Garth. I love the art style in Limbo and felt it would work incredibly well with the animation we are working on now. Below are examples:



As of now, I am trying to variety my backgrounds. Earlier in the week I produced a very colourful background using a colour pallet from the TV show Adventure Time. I was inspired to do this background after looking at someones Facebook Cover when he had a simple yet effective background from the show as his cover. I want to improve on this drawing style greatly and will almost certainly try to use it in an animation shortly! The drawing should be the background for the blog, however if it isn't then it's here:



No comments:

Post a Comment