Wednesday 31 October 2012

[Personal] Recent Backgrounds

Here are a few examples of some recent backgrounds I have created, either for university related stuff, commissions or just for the fun of it:


I drew this just to see how it would turn out, it wasn't originally going to be anything at all, it was literally me drawing a load of lines, to which I thought looked like some form of plants, then it slowly started to shape form until It became a road side. The sky was purely from inspiration from this picture which I have mentioned before in the background inspiration post. I created the sky in Photoshop then added effects to it, the sky didn't really turn out like I wanted it to, it turned into some form of alienated sky rather than a sunset, however I do in fact still like it and I got good feedback from my peers!



The following backgrounds are for a commission I am doing with Anthony Price, which he may have mentioned in his blog. The animation is a My Little Pony parody for a voice actor called Solrac, well known by the My Little Pony fandom community. Anthony asked me if I would help him with the animation by being the background artist for the animation, I was looking to gain some practice and the more practice with background styles the better! So I took up his offer. All the backgrounds in the animation are being taken care of by me, a great honor I have to say! Whereas the actual animation is being taken care of by Anthony, which is something I am completely fine with.


Some more concept art I whipped up last night for the Royal Amories project, this being the blacksmith's station. Though the background is incomplete without all the equipment such as the forge, the work bench ect. I really liked the background so far, in the near future I will work on all the background for the Royal Armories project and improve them by adding torches in area's between the wiring (You may notice this in the mineshaft background that there are wires in the roof for no reason, this is why).

I'll most likely end up doing more backgrounds shortly, so keep up to date and i'll show you what I have been working on recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment