Saturday 5 April 2014

Space Girl 3000 - Visual Research - The Jetsons

The Jetsons was a television show I did not watch growing up, however I did enjoy various other Hanna-Barbera shows. Hanna-Barbera’s art style is iconic in the animation universe, and considered very retro, this is something that work well with the Jetsons; the show is set in this retro future and the retro art style works incredibly well, no character seems out of place in the show and the scenery captured the future world.

The character designs in the Jetsons greatly inspired me, sharp clothing with simple colours and wacky hair to match. My original character design for Nancy Nebula had her with large pointy hair and simple clothing; however over time I did redesign her to have much more iconic clothing, similar to the fashion in the Jetsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment