Tuesday 6 November 2012

[Animation Practice] 06/11/12 - Using the Lightboxes

Today we were introduced to a man who has been in the animation business since 1995, Elroy Simmons! Some people may know him as the animator behind the Mr.Bean Animated series and the Golden Nugget Adverts. When we entered the room, our faces lit up when we saw light boxes, its been almost a year since we used these in lesson so happiness pursued!

We were told that we were going to be doing a jump cycle, something I personally have never done before, even in flash! we were told to do it in 24 frames per second, but each images would be 2 frames long. So I began drawing my trademark drawing, a panda bear jumping from one end of the page to the other. Below is the jump cycle:


We were focusing mainly on anticipation, and because I don't use Lightboxes often, I wanted to use a character that is simple to draw, so I drew my wee panda. I really want to get better at keyframed animation so this really helped, at somepoint I will do a short animation with keyframed character animation similar to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment