Saturday 3 November 2012

[Personal] Traditional Backgrounds #1

Today I attempted doing a background using water colours, I researched into how to create a drawing using them and tried to re-create one of my older backgrounds. Below is the drawing:


I think I improved on my older drawing with this, however as with doing anything for the first time I made a few mistakes. In the very left side I tried to put a bit of shade in the corner and unintentionally made the the floor rise alot more than it should have. I really like the added power lines on the right hand side, they really make the drawing more interesting to look at than what it could have been with just a landscape.

I want to keep doing watercoloured drawings over time, as I think they give off a really effective background as I spoke about in a previous post. Watercolours really help capture the beauty of the sky, so I will focus mainly on painting the sky more than anything. Below is the actual drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment