Tuesday 6 November 2012

[Personal] Photoshop Skills to the Test

Backgrounds are becoming a huge thing in my life now, with drawing them almost everyday, being commissioned to do them and noticing them in almost every animation I watch, I decided to put my landscape drawing skills to the test. I wanted to draw something in Photoshop, but i have only ever edited photos in Photoshop, I only draw things in Flash. So 5 hours after deciding this, this is what I produced:


I don't usually big my work up, but I was incredibly proud with how this turned out. The colours scheme is well done and it was done using prospective. The water is translucent so you can see right through it, the sky is well gradiented and the moon looks really nicely placed. The picture was originally going to feature fireworks since it was Bon Fire night, however after realizing that there was little room in the sky to draw fireworks I decided to leave it a night sky.

There are things I don't like about the drawing however, such as the water. The water is fairly lifeless and doesn't have anything to it, the next time I do something like this or something featuring water I have to make it look full of life, give it a few waves, or make it look like its running. Water is a massive stepping stone for many animators and artists, it takes alot of time to make it look really good and realistic, this is something I will work on in the future.

I will continue to create backgrounds in Photoshop I found it fairly easy to use, though slightly harder to use than Flash. Photoshop allows to to add effects and draw fairly precisely, whereas in flash I would have to keep going to Photoshop to create textures and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment