Wednesday 6 March 2013

[Drawing Class] 21/02/13 - Back to the Model


We have now returned to Life Drawing, returning was Martin, a life model from a way back. We were to draw accurate proportions of the life model, starting from a larger scale of the model and shortening the drawing scale each time. It had been a while since we drew the life model so as with almost half the class, we used the first drawing to get back into the swing off things. It didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. As the drawings got smaller I would like to think I improved, however during the last 3 drawings I started to lose focus and the drawings quality started to lack.

I found Martin harder to draw this time than last time, as the shape of the body didn't seem right as I drew him. He has a bigger upper body than Steve does, so it look out of proportion and almost stretched, however I do like the second drawing I created, one of the best drawings of the lesson as it was the perfect scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment