Saturday 23 March 2013

[Project: Cleaning] Memory issues


Well I expected this to happen, though my laptop has 8GB of RAM it's still not enough to keep up with how much memory Flash uses, there is now a scene in the animation where if you go too far up the timeline then it'll crash Flash. This is a major Issue as it means that scene is now off limits.

Anthony suggested creating each scene in a separate Flash file. That seems like the best solution however will mean in the end I will have to stick it all together, which could be a task in itself. However this is how Anthony uses Flash now since he had the same problem as me. It also means I wont be able to see all the animation at once, it will have to be one scene at a time, though that's not the biggest issue in the world.

I will use this weekend to try and transfer all of the scenes into their own Flash files, this may take time as I will have to relocate each image and sound file again. Hopefully everything will go smoothly when I do it though, last thing I need is a repeat of last years problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment