Monday 11 March 2013

[Project: Cleaning] The Floor Plan

As you may know with this animation, almost the entire animation is going to be set in a Flat, there for I can't have a massive amount of rooms laced around the entire place, I needed to sit down and actually decide what rooms would be in this flat, how big they'd be and if they'd all actually fit in a flat.


As you can see, the flat itself is very big, however most of the rooms would be rented out to other student's, because I lived in a flat last year I know around about how big of space 5 people would get to live in. I decided that the main cast in Cleaning's flat would be on the ground floor and be about 3 windows wide and then a large window for the lounge, and with the help of a Floor Planner, I came up with this:


Because the flat in the picture above the plan is the back of the flats, I decided to have the lounge and a few rooms at the back; whereas the front door, a few bedrooms and the kitchen would be at the front. I think this is a perfect layout of the flat, it's all on one floor, there is enough space for everyone and everyone has an equal amount of bedroom space, the kitchen is big as is the lounge, and I can fit everyone's skits into each of these rooms.


With this floor plan I can now decide where everyone will be in the flat at the time of their skit, so when they interact with each other and come from certain directions I can accurately see where they'd come from and see how long it'd take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment