Wednesday 6 March 2013

[Showcase] Various Images #2


Similar to my last Image showcase, however instead of images that I have taken from around the web, these are images that I have taken from 2 particular television shows; Adventure Time and My Little Pony. These backgrounds are simple, yet effective, similar to how I want my backgrounds in the Cleaning short I will be making. Adventure Time and My Little Pony have untextured (However often gradiented) backgrounds, these are incredibly effective for the style of their shows which are cartoony and aimed for children. The backgrounds don't have too much going on to take attention away from the show itself, however have enough detail to show the audience where they are, what time of day and what not.

My Little Pony backgrounds are similar to the Adventure time backgrounds, but have key differences. One Difference I have noticed is that Adventure Time has alot of line art, whereas My Little Pony's backgrounds don't have any outlines, and aren't as detailed as the Adventure Time Backgrounds. Adventure Time has alot of objects around it's backgrounds, ovens, chairs and various other things, however My Little Pony's backgrounds are straight to the point and don't mess around with major detail.

I like how both shows look and feel similar but both have some differences, both shows inspire my backgrounds (I spend more time studying My Little Pony because of other work; CrusadersSolrac ventures ect.). 

No comments:

Post a Comment