Thursday 7 March 2013

[Inspiration] Anime Influences #4

Considering I am writing a satire/spoof comedy, there is a certain reason I want it to be an satire/spoof comedy. The genre of comedy is one of my favourite kinds of comedy, such as films like Airplane and Loaded Weapon. However, in animation there is a whole new level on how insane you can take a comedy, rather than being tied down to how far you can take it with out it being impossible, in animation if you want to do it, you can.

A fine example of this is one of my favourite comedy animes; Paniponi Dash! I have mentioned this anime a couple of times before, but I want to go into further detail with it as you should figure out what kind of film I want Cleaning to be like. Paniponi Dash is a comedy anime that parodies alot of pop culture films, tv shows and anime, it has ridiculous episodes and most if not all jokes rely on satire, stablished character behavior, Japanese Internet and anime culture, or non sequitur comments and actions. Below is an example of the show:



I have taken alot of inspiration from this show, from it's comedy style to even how they name each episode. As you may notice from the first presentation I uploaded about the animation cleaning, is that "Cleaning" is just the shortened episode title, the full name is called; "A house that is clean enough to be healthy, is dirty enough to be happy". I named the episode that because unlike any anime or tv show I have seen, Paniponi dash use adages and proverbs as the episode titles, I thought i'd show reference to the show by having episodes from the Uni-verse of Matt Miles series have long titles which are Adages and proverbs.

I'd suggest Paniponi Dash to anyone, it is a clever show and is one of the most hilarious shows I have watched in a long time. The only thing that may put people off is the fact that most of the references and parodies are from Japanese subculture, so many jokes go over your head unless you are into Japanese culture. However apart from that it is a fine comedy and I hope to make something just as funny. Below is the English trailer for the show:


No comments:

Post a Comment