Wednesday 6 March 2013

[Inspiration] Bumming Crew

The Bumming Crew is a group of people who have created an animated series called Bumming About (they also make shorts). The group consists of Pearl, Harry, Johnny, c0ke and Timbo, who are the main cast for the series. Though they have only recently emerged into my Youtube subscription box, they have made a place very quickly as one of my biggest inspirations. Below is an example of something they've made: 



Notice that once thing I have taken inspiration from is the animation style and look, my original style is greatly inspired by Bryan Lee o'Malley, however now mixed with this drawing style I have created a whole new style. Below is a comparison to my old style to my new Style:


Though the changes are minor, the changes really consist of facial expression. The original facial expressions were adapted from Bryan Lee o'Malley's facial expressions, however I prefer this new cleaner style which is much more appealing to the eye.

Another thing that I am inspired from the Bumming Crew is the humour, their humour is very witty but insane at the same time. I respect humour like this as it makes an animation very pleasant to watch and can make anything funny. The animation Cleaning's humour is inspired by their style, I have tried to make it witty but a spoof to internet humour. Below is a more recent animation by the crew:

No comments:

Post a Comment